Class fees are non-refundable, including payment with a Gift Card, discounts, and other forms of trade and payments.
Please check your calendar carefully before committing to a class enrollment. We appreciate as much notice as possible if you do decide to cancel. Cancellations must be made no later than 2 weeks before the date of your class in order to maintain a class credit. Failure to do so means forfeiture of your class fee. Note: Under normal circumstances, no refund or class credit shall be granted. To ensure we are able to cover all instructions in a timely manner, students must arrive promptly. Tardiness of more than 15 minutes will result in a student forfeiting their place in class.
If arrangements are made before the deadline students may transfer fees as credit to another available class. There are no make-up classes for any classes missed by student. In the event that a class or series is canceled, you may:
- Opt to keep a credit for a future class, series, session, material/s, or membership
- Choose to receive a pro-rated / full refund
Please wear the appropriate clothing. If you will be working in the main shop area, please wear closed-toed shoes, avoid loose clothing and pull back hair or scarves to all classes. While we have some basic safety gear in the shop, please consider bringing any safety gear that is required that is specific to your need.
Arrivals 15 minutes or more of the class start time will not be admitted into classes and registrations are non-transferrable. If you're going to be late at all, please attempt to get ahold of the instructor.
Inclement Weather Policy
If the weather is going to prevent or have an impact the class, the instructor will reach out via phone or email with information.
Code of Conduct
Secret Base has a code of conduct policy in place to support safety for everyone and the space. Signing up for classes means you are agreeing to the policies.
- Anti-Harassment: Secret Base is dedicated to providing a harassment-free space for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment in any form.
- Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, derisive comments regarding technical background, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Anyone asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Communication: Be careful in the words that you choose. All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you. Excessive swearing and offensive jokes are not appropriate.
- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other members or guests. Behave professionally.
- Disciplinary action: If a member or guest engages in behavior that violates the anti-harassment policy, the Secret Base and it's agents, instructors, and staff may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender, expulsion from the space, and/or permanent and non-refundable revocation of classes and use of the space.